The ZIEGLER SAFT-24 (Shear Adhesion Failure Temperature or Resistance to shear from a standard surface) is a shear tester and was developed for vertical shear tests of self-adhesive materials on test panels and their ability to withstand high temperatures. In accordance with PTSC-17, a shear test is carried out with constantly increasing temperature. Samples are tested in the oven for temperature control and monitoring.
The shear force tester tests the resistance of a pressure-sensitive adhesive to static loading in the plane of the label material. You will receive information on the interpretation of the type of fracture, such as adhesive or cohesive fracture. An electric, remote-controlled lifting platform is integrated. This enables the uniform and simultaneous loading of all samples to be tested.
The test conditions are defined in advance. The SAFT tester corresponds to the specifications and test requirements of various institutions (see list on the right).
- PSTC-17*** Shear Adhesion of Pressure Sensitive Tape
- ASTM**** D 4498, Standard Test Method for Heat-Fail Temperature in Shear of Hot Melt Adhesives
- FINAT* FTM 8 (without heat)
- Afera** 5012 Self Adhesive Tapes,
Measurement of Static Shear Adhesion (without heat)
Specifications and test requirements:
Recording for examinees:
- 24 test stations for test weights
- 24 test weights each 500g + 24 ring weights each 500g
- 50 sample triangle
- 2 guide rails for mounting in the cabinet
Software and manuals:
- ZIEGLER Software SAFT-24 for MS Windows® 10-11
- SAFT Tester Manual
- SAFT-24 software manual